Two Rows – Weblog 4 – 3

Two Rows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxnYrm2cHi0

Two Rows is a documentary by Freedom Central featuring  Kevin Annett, who is an ordained minister and has been investigated residential schools and what he calls the “Holocaust of Native Peoples in Canada.”  Annett is called Eagle Strong Voice by the Anishinabe Nation in Winnipeg.

Kevin Annett was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize in 2013 for his work on the International Tribunal into Crimes of Church and State (ITCCS).

Annett tells the story of his life in Pt. Alberni where he was first exposed to the troubling lifestyle following residential schools.  He founded the ITCCS to bring to justice the people behind residential schools in Canada.  He makes some broad claims about the government ‘buying silence’ through remuneration.  Also he documents many of the students plight.  He also tells about suspicious circumstances following some of the people he has worked with, uncovering the truth of residential schools.

I am not sure how much of this film I will use, however, there are lots of Annett videos online, which I will probably filter through.  I chose this one because it was award winning and offers allegations of resistance from the government about finding out the truth about residential schools.

TM