Module 4: Aboriginal Learning Links

I wanted to post this site Aboriginal Learning Links because I am very interested in knowing what extension opportunities are available for aboriginal learners in Canada. We have spent a fair bit of time in our course discussing the tragic number of Canadian aboriginal students who do not graduate, but I was thinking about the ones who do, and the students who are on a trajectory to be successful in academia. This site is useful to aboriginal learners who do graduate or intend to, and who are looking for some financial assistance through bursary or scholarship opportunities. The site provides links to key institutions (colleges and universities), and information about transfer details. The site may be useful to ambitious students, motivating teachers, parents, even interested friends.

There is also a simple survey tool in the margin that asks potential students to register what they perceive as a challenges to their educational path. This may help to chart paths, opportunities and support for aboriginal learners. Some of the site’s entries are dated, but the links are current and provide a wealth of information about how to move forward.