Hello From Chile

Hi Everyone!

I am writing from Chile and I am really excited to start my two last courses of the MET program. I am a Social Studies teacher, and I currently work at a school (teaching two courses in grade 7 and one course in grade 9) and a University (coordinating a graduate program about Digital Tools in education and research for Humanities and Social Sciences). Hopefully, if we reach the minimum of students required for the program to start, we will be running this program from October 2011 to January 2012. In the MET journey I have learned enormously not only about diverse technological tools that might be used for educational purposes but also about theoretical underpinnings behind this use. I have been approached to collaborative learning through the web and Social Constructivism, which inspires me to promote in my students the creation of new knowledge, the development of critical thinking skills and collaborative learning through the use of different technologies, especially those that can be found in the web.  I’ve been happily married since 2009, don’t have kids yet, but expecting to start a family when I finish studying MET.

My hobbies are music (I play guitar and try to play mandolin, and also compose and record songs), reading, watching good movies, and traveling. Here is a photo of me playing guitar when I was about 15 years old.

Traveling with my husband is one of the most things that I enjoy. By knowing other places I learn about other cultures, ways of living, and history of other places, and I can share my experience with others.

But what I most enjoy is to share with others what I know and what I learn. I do not have any digital photos of me in my classes. But I have this photo
She is a student I had a few years ago. I not only have taught Social Studies, I also taught guitar in some workshops for children in social risk.

I am looking forward to continue sharing learning experiences with all of you!

Cheers,

Angela.

Posted in: Week 01: Introductions