Emerging Market Teams – Assignment #2

Hi everyone –

By now you should have received an email from me to your external email address that tells you which Emerging Market Team you have been assigned to, along with the week your team has been given to present your Assignment #2 work. Please let me know immediately if you haven’t received this notification.

The email also contains the email addresses of your team-mates, so you can get together immediately to begin your planning.  You’re welcome to use the private group functionality of this weblog for this planning purpose, and/or any other tools that might be effective for you and your team.

Here are the final weeks and topics:

• W5: Game-Based Learning
  • W6: eBooks
  • W7: Blogs
  • W8: Files in the Clouds
  • W9: iPad Apps
  • W10: Product-Based Assessments
  • W11: Mobiles
  • W12: Social Analytics

And yes, wow!, I never expected the results of our emerging markets poll to be so interesting.  As educators who may use PulsePress sometime soon, I’ll offer some reflection.  The most obvious path might have been to choose the highest-ranked topics (the vote balance after positive and negative votes).  However, there’s also good rationale for selecting the most-often-voted-upon (positive and negative) topics because this suggests a healthy divergence of opinion.  Another factor was the number of you that staked out each topic with comments.

In the end, I’ve aimed for what I hope is a fair blend of the results. For example, I didn’t select the Personalized Learning topic even though it had many positive votes, simply because it had no negative votes.   For me this indicates the subject may be popular but not necessarily emergent (it’s already emerged!).  I also selected Social Analytics with an overall negative vote because the vote split was so interesting (so many positive and negative votes).

Note also that there may be some potential overlap between topics. For example, there’s some potential redundancy across eBooks, iPad Apps and Mobiles.  I’ve deliberately put Mobiles last so that they can most easily play the clean-up role (cover topics and issues not dealt with by the other two).  If you or your teams perceive potential conflicts with other teams, let me know and we can open up a dialogue.

In any case, I found the PulsePress experiment valuable.  We’ll return to it in Week 13 for the Venture Forum, so let me know if you have any ideas or wishes for applying it more successfully.

David

Posted in: Announcements