AS4 Class suggestions

I was excited about taking this course because it combined education with business in a public forum. I enjoyed the assignments and the opportunity to synthesize education and business. Some ideas occurred to me:

PROF INPUT

1. I was interested to read some of the prof’s own venture efforts and hoped to learn more from them. I found the same thing in my classes at Concordia: hearing how a prof is applying the concepts we are learning really helps bring them to life. I’d benefit from more comments from the prof, maybe a synthesis at the end of a segment to help put things in perspective and point out any missing points or misconceptions.

GUESTS

2. I’d benefit from guest moderators (or posters!) from the educational venture community who commented during discussions and evaluated pitches. This would connect us to the “trenches” in educational ventures and set our expectations.

ANOTHER KICK AT THE CAN

3. I’d benefit from an opportunity to improve work after an assessment and feedback, particularly with the pitches. Perhaps moving a pitch earlier in the semester then using the course to improve the pitch and redo it at the end. This would also scaffold anxiety management about public performance assessments (giving and receiving!) across the semester and provide everyone with the opportunity for another “kick at the can.”

NUANCED VENTURE EVAL RUBRIC

4. Allie’s idea about a more nuanced rubric for us to use in assessments is a fantastic idea and perhaps would result in people feeling more comfortable about giving and receiving important information.

FINAL NOTE

Everyone shared perspectives in good faith based on differing experiences and expectations, and despite various personal time constraints. To me, that’s what makes grad seminars so interesting. So thanks everyone for sharing.

Good luck to everyone!

Posted in: Uncategorized