TECHNOLOGICAL LEARNING & THINKING 2014: THE CULTURAL ROOTS OF HUMAN CREATIVITY
July 13-14, Vancouver, British Columbia
The TL&T 2014 international symposium will be held in conjunction with the STEM 2014 Conference at the the University of British Columbia on July 13-14.
TL&T SYMPOSIUM PROGRAM
Sunday July 13: University Golf Club – 5185 University Blvd (TL&T authors and guests welcome)
- 4 pm – Meet and greet – Westward Ho! Bar and Grill (cash bar)
- 5:30 pm – Dinner (hosted by the How We Learn (Media & Technology) team, UBC)
Monday July 14: (Room 1209, Scarfe Building) – Faculty of Education, UBC
- 8:30 am – 9:15 Paper and Discussion (Catharine Dishke, Western University, London ON) Cultural Theories of Creativity
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am Paper presentation (Carrie Antoniazzi, Vancouver, BC) Moving from Consuming to Creating Content
- 10:00 am – 10:30 am – Meet the Authors
- 10:30 am – 11:15 am – Paper and Discussion (Marte Gulliksen, Telemark University College, Norway) Teaching and Learning Embodied Making
- 11:15 am – 11:45 am – Paper presentation (Joel Lopata, Western University, London, ON) Cognitive Neuroscience and Creativity
- 11:45 am to 1 pm – Lunch (hosted by the TL&T committee)
- 1pm – 2:00 pm – Open forum – TL&T authors and guests welcome!
- 5 pm – Point Roberts – Informal Barbeque and Celebration – (hosted by Ron and Elizabeth)