Student Elections!!!!

This post will be a response to Mandy Cheung’s post about her running for 3rd year CUS representative.

Wow, it has been crazy these past two weeks with student elections and all and I realized I never paid much attention to it. Today I attended the CUS forum talk and listened to what each of the candidates had to say and why we should vote for them. It is very interesting because while I was listening I realized everyone is just applying marketing when they present theirselves through facebook, they are basically marketing and selling themselves to us and in return they want us to vote for them! Marketing actually comes into use quite frequently and these few days I have been trying to decide who I want to vote for and I realized I even went through some factors that affected my decision process even though I am not quite buying a certain product.I actually took the time to look through the plat form of each candidate and considered all the alternatives.

All these candidates are basically trying to show how they have a sustainable advantage over the other candidates and they are trying to add value to themselves so that we see them as the ideal person to vote for. I will close in onto my two friends that are running for CUS 3rd year rep and they are Gabriel Wong and Mandy Cheung.

Both of them have their own value and advantage over others in my point of view and each presents their own unique skills that attracted me to want to vote for them and not because we’re friends. I think Mandy’s Cheung greatest quality that allows her to have an advantage over the others is the fact she is super friendly and always has a great smile and I truly believe that students can actually walk up to her and talk to her and tell her about matters that they are not happy with for CUS. As for Gabriel Wong, I think his biggest advantage is having lots of experiences that can help him be a great representative!

Overall, i think student elections are very fascinating and I look forward to the results because it really shows marketing being put into use. And last but not least, a little bit of promotion here: VOTE FOR MANDY CHEUNG AND GABRIEL WONG FOR 3RD YEAR REP!

1 Response to Student Elections!!!!