Crafting Comprehensive Definitions: Lessons Learned from Defining ‘Registered Kinesiologist’

Defining the term “Registered Kinesiologist” can vary based on the audience, context, and purpose. In this assignment, I explored three types of definitions – parenthetical, sentence, and expanded – to provide a clear and comprehensive understanding of the term.

Through the peer review process with my partner Sonja, I learned the importance of incorporating illustrations to enhance the definition and adjusting the writing flow to create a logical conclusion.

Based on Sonja’s feedback, I revised my definitions of “Registered Kinesiologist”. The link to the revised definitions can be found here: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl30199c2022w2/2023/02/16/revised-definition-of-registered-kinesiologist/. The changes I made include incorporating more context, providing more examples, and adjusting the language for clarity.

In conclusion, this exercise taught me the importance of defining terms accurately and how to tailor definitions to different audiences and purposes. By incorporating feedback and continuously practicing, I can improve my writing skills and create more effective definitions in the future.

Below is the Sonja’s peer review :

Peer Review of Long’s Assignment