5 things i didn’t know about Yonsei University

You might have known, but I definitely didn’t know until I got here…

Credits: Estevan Sinarta

1.The pipes of Yonsei are so old that they tell you not to flush toilet paper in case it clogs the pipes. Actually, this is the case for most of Seoul…

Credits: Vivian Wong

2.Yonsei University was formed from the merging of Yonhi College and Severance Hospital.

Credits: Claudia E. Chung

3.Yonsei ha a super strict attendance policy. Profs will literally take 10 minutes at the beginning of each class to take attendance, and if you’re unlucky (like I was) your profs will force the entire class to do self-introductions during the first class. Even if there are more than 30 people in the class.

Credits: Vivian Wong

4.There is a shuttle bus that runs through the campus (but I still haven’t figured out how to take it yet…)

Credits: Estevan Sinarta

5.I’m probably the only one who didn’t know this since I did zero research on my university (I’m lazy) but Yonsei University is right next to Ewha Women’s University. Their subway station is actually closer to SK Global House than Sinchon Station is.

Credits: Estevan Sinarta

These pictures the Yonsei University Sinchon Campus were taken by my friends Claudia, Vivian, and Estevan. Of course it’s not snowing now, but these pictures are really great nonetheless. They’re all much better at taking photos than I am and they’ve all joined the Yonsei Global One Shot program (for taking pictures in scenic areas of Seoul), so check out their Instagrams if you have time; Claudia also has a blog here so go check her out too!

Credits: Claudia E. Chung