The Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at the University of British Columbia is excited to announce that registration for the first half of our 2018 workshop series is now open! The UBC Farm hosts a wide range of workshops covering everything from permaculture and gardening to herbal medicine, weaving, fermenting, foraging, and much more. This year, we have added several new workshops and brought back many favourites. All of our workshops are beginner friendly and open to everyone, so please share with your networks! For more details and to register, visit our website, or view our list of workshops below.
Please sign up early, as popular workshops sell out; and workshops with insufficient registration are cancelled five days prior. To stay informed of new workshop offerings and other events at the UBC Farm, please sign up for our e-newsletter.
Thank you for being a part of this community and we hope to see you at the UBC Farm soon!
- Learning the Basics of Herbal Medicine on February 21, 2018 6:30 pm
- Make Your Own Basket: Basketry with Invasive Species on February 27, 2018 5:30 pm
- The Art of Herbal Medicine Making on March 3, 2018 10:00 am
- Kombucha-Making Workshop on March 7, 2018 6:00 pm
- Making Leather from Salmon Skins on March 13, 2018 5:30 pm
- Growing Food in Small Spaces: Balconies, Containers, and Small Patios on March 17, 2018 2:00 pm
- Fermentation Fundamentals: Sauerkraut & Pickled Vegetables on March 21, 2018 6:00 pm
- Make Your Own Basket: “Egg” Baskets on March 27, 2018 5:30 pm
- Winter Foraging Workshop on April 14, 2018 2:30 pm
- Cultured and Vegan Cheesemaking Workshop on April 21, 2018 2:30 pm
- Composting with Worms: Vermicomposting 101 on April 26, 2018 6:00 pm
- Bringing Your Soil to Life: Soil Biology and Compost Tea on May 5, 2018 9:30 am
- Composting Demystified: Six Methods of Composting on May 5, 2018 1:30 pm
- Soil Fertility: Nutrients and Soil Testing on May 12, 2018 2:30 pm
- Growing Microgreens for Home Consumption on June 9, 2018 2:30 pm
- Ginger Beer and Wild Fermented Sodas on June 14, 2018 6:00 pm
- Introduction to Safe and Fun Canning on June 23, 2018 2:30 pm
- Medicine Collective Workshop: Salve Harvest on July 10, 2018 12:00 pm
- Summer Foraging on July 14, 2018 10:00 am
- Herbs for Longevity and Vitality (Herbalism Series #1) on July 21, 2018 9:00 am
- Herbs for Culinary and Medicinal Uses (Herbalism Series #2) on July 21, 2018 1:00 pm
- Introduction to Permaculture (Sustainable Design Series #1) on July 22, 2018 9:00 am
- Food Forest Design (Sustainable Design Series #2) on July 22, 2018 1:00 pm
- Medicine Collective Workshop: Salve Making on August 8, 2018 11:00 am
A PDF version of our workshop series poster can also be supplied on request.
Food Skills Education Intern
Faculty of Land and Food Systems | Centre for Sustainable Food Systems at UBC Farm
The University of British Columbia | Unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm Territory