CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC have worked together to harmonize the CGS-D program in order to ensure more consistent processes across Canada’s three federal granting agencies. Please visit the CGS-D program page for harmonized components such as application timeline, eligibility criteria and evaluation criteria. In addition to the CGS-D, each agency has its own doctoral awards. Refer to the appropriate literature for CIHR, NSERC and SSHRC for further details.
Application will continue to be submitted via each of the agency platforms. The application portals are now open and applicants may begin preparing their applications.
- CIHR: ResearchNet (application instructions)
- NSERC: On-Line System (application instructions)
- SSHRC: On-Line System (application instructions)
For application, nomination, and adjudication procedures that are specific to UBC, please visit: https://www.grad.ubc.ca/awards/canada-graduate-scholarships-doctoral-cgs-d-program, note the following deadlines:
- UBC’s application deadline will be Tuesday, 17 September 2019 at 12 PM (PDT)
- Graduate program nomination deadline (to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies) will be Friday, 11 October 2019 at 4 PM (PDT)
On a related note, the UBC Affiliated Fellowships doctoral competition will continue to run in concert with the university-adjudicated Tri-Agency CGS-D competition. Application materials will be posted early next week.
We will provide updates as they become available. If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com.