MEDA’s Pitch Competition for Entrepreneurs

Standard

I work at MEDA, an international development organization focused on entrepreneurship within agri-food systems. Seeing as your expertise is within the Liu Institute for Global Issues, I wanted to reach out to see if you had anyone in mind to apply to our Pitch Competition: Reimagining Food Systems!

With over $15,000 available in prize money, as well as opportunities for promotion and mentorship, we’re on the lookout for star applicants with a socially impactful idea centered around food and agri-food systems. Five finalists, selected by MEDA’s market systems experts, will have the opportunity for an expense-paid trip to MEDA’s annual convention in Atlanta, November 4-7, where they will pitch to attendees and a panel of judges.

I also wanted to reach out to see if you had anyone in mind for Convention 2021. This is a great opportunity for any students and educational staff/faculty to get connected with international development professionals, meet like-minded individuals, and build upon their professional experience.

Would you be able to put me in touch with someone you know who might be interested in either Pitch Competition or attending our Convention 2021 as a whole?

We would greatly appreciate if you could forward this opportunity to your networks through social media, newsletters, or by word-of-mouth ???? Always happy to speak more about these opportunities if you’re interested. Thank you!

2021 MEDA Pitch Competition Guide

Kristine Lim

Kristine Lim (she/her) | Marketing & Constituent Engagement Intern
416.856.6508 | klim@meda.org

MEDA | 595 Parkside Drive, Suite 2 | Waterloo, ON N2L 0C7
Creating business solutions to poverty

www.meda.org