Mackenzie King Memorial Scholarships
The Mackenzie King Open Scholarship is open to graduates of any Canadian university who engage in (commence or continue) graduate study (master’s or doctoral) in any field, in Canada or elsewhere. One Open Scholarship is awarded annually. The value has lately been $12,000 but is subject to change.
The Mackenzie King Travelling Scholarship is open to graduates of any Canadian university who engage in (commence or continue) graduate study (master’s or doctoral) in the United States or the United Kingdom, of international relations or industrial relations (including the international or industrial relations aspects of law, history, politics and economics). Four Travelling Scholarships of $13,500 have lately been awarded annually, but the number and value of scholarships are subject to change.
Eligible applicants must be a graduate (holder of a degree) of a Canadian university when tenure of the scholarship begins (September 2024).
Applications must be made to the Faculty of Graduate Studies of the applicant’s home university. This is the Canadian university from which the applicant most recently graduated or at which the applicant is currently enrolled.
UBC application deadline: 1 February 2024 at 4:00 pm PT
A complete application package (including references) must be submitted by 4:00 pm PT on 1 February 2024. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A complete application consists of the following:
Submitted by applicant – SUBMIT APPLICATION HERE
- The completed application form.
- The application form must be signed at the bottom of the page.
- As indicated in the application form, Sheet A (‘Supplementary information on academic achievements and experience’)
- As indicated in the application form, Sheet B (‘Personal statement’)
- Official, up-to-date transcripts from all post-secondary studies
Submitted by applicant’s chosen referees – SUBMIT REFERENCE HERE (Applicants: Share this link with your referees. This link is for referees use only; applicants must not submit a reference on behalf of a referee)
- Threeletters of reference
- References must be submitted by the application deadline. Follow up with your referees as appropriate to ensure that your references are submitted on time.
It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all application materials (including transcripts and reference letters) are received by the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies by the deadline.
For more information, including detailed application procedures and eligibility requirements, please see this link: