The first of four doctoral examination deadlines for students looking to have their degrees conferred in September is quickly approaching. If there are students in your program who are aiming to complete their programs this summer and have their degrees granted in September then we ask that you make them aware of these upcoming deadlines:
· Friday, April 6, 2018 – Nominations for External Examiner form submitted to Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
· Friday, June 1, 2018 – Doctoral dissertation and supporting documentation submitted to Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies for external examination.
· Friday, July 27, 2018 – Last day for final doctoral oral examinations.
· Friday, August 17, 2018 – Acceptance of final, approved doctoral dissertation by Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies.
Students who are hoping to complete their programs this summer and qualify to have their degrees granted in September, but are concerned about their ability to meet any of the above deadlines should contact the Doctoral Exams team as soon as possible at email@example.com.
Students and supervisors looking for information on the doctoral examination process will find a number of additional tools and resources on our website:
· Final Doctoral Examination Guide – https://www.grad.ubc.ca/current-students/final-doctoral-exam/final-doctoral-examination-guide
· Doctoral Deadlines – https://www.grad.ubc.ca/current-students/final-doctoral-exam/doctoral-deadlines
· Doctoral Examination Planning Tool and Checklist – https://www.grad.ubc.ca/forms/doctoral-examinations-planning-tool-checklist-candidates-supervisors
Assistant Doctoral Exams Coordinator | Office of the Dean | Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus
Phone 604 822 5681 | Fax 604 822 5802
170 – 6371 Crescent Road | Vancouver, BC Canada V6T 1Z2