Unit 3 Reflection

Page

Hi everyone!

I learnt a lot in unit three from researching, organizing and writing formal report draft process to communicating with YOU attitude with others. Here is what I would like to share about what I learnt.

This was the first time I performed a formal report draft which included primary and secondary research. My perspective on communication has definitely changed after learning how I should communicate with my fellow peers for surveys, especially after learning about writing with YOU attitude. Furthermore, creating and analyzing survey results was also fascinating. Even though all dental hygienists worked at same office, they had different factors effecting their risk of Musculoskeletal injuries at work. Analyzing survey results was definitely overwhelming at first, but secondary research along with assignment guidelines helped put together everything.

Writing with YOU attitude was very impactful learning lesson of this unit. The YOU attitude is reader centered writing approach, which is the key to successful communication. Every memo, letter, email, or any other type of communication should be done with YOU attitude, where the most important person in business relationship is YOU, the reader, not me/I or writer. Writing with YOU attitude focuses on reader’s point of view, reader’s benefit, positive attitude, appreciates the reader and humanizes the message.

This unit also focused on peer reviewing formal report draft, and I had the opportunity to peer review Yury Zhuk’s formal report draft. This peer review was different than my previous reviews because, I specifically tried to write my peer review with YOU attitude throughout my review. The review focused on content, organization, style, design and grammar of the draft. Reading and reviewing my peer’s work gave me a different perspective on writing and reflecting.

301 Priyanka Patel Formal Report Draft