Unit 2 Reflection

Page

Hello everyone,

I would like to share my reflection as we conclude unit two of this course. We had an opportunity to work on various assignments during this unit, and I am happy to share that this unit was exceptional in many ways. I learnt new things which I never thought I would spend my time learning about such as activating my LinkedIn profile.

Updating my LinkedIn profile along with learning about benefits of networking on social media platform such LinkedIn was very interesting for me. LinkedIn is known to be one of the largest networking platforms for professionals. I had created a LinkedIn profile around five years ago, but I think I underestimated the importance of it and never really took time out to complete my profile, neither used it to connect with other professionals. The process of completing my LinkedIn profile recently gave me an opportunity to showcase my strengths, and expertise in a professional way. I didn’t realize the benefits of this platform until I started putting together my own strengths and achievements and started making connections with other professionals. LinkedIn profile gives professional impression allowing other professionals and job recruiters to connect with you and learn more. In simple terms, this profile helps you sell yourself in the job market in the best way possible. It opens doors for new job opportunities which may not be found outside of LinkedIn.  Furthermore, I learned that LinkedIn allows you to follow companies and join groups you are interested in working with.

Another assignment in this unit involved the process of brainstorming to create formal report proposal outline. I chose to do my formal report on preventing musculoskeletal disorder (MSD) in dental hygienists. Work-related MSD has been reported as the one of the most common work injuries amongst many health professionals across the world. Dental hygienists work with high attention and concentration which often requires working in awkward positions, putting stress on their neck, upper back and arms away from their body for prolonged periods and repetitive movements. As a dental hygienist myself, I see many of my co-workers at high risk of developing MSD and other chronic injuries due to the work environment. This report will aim on various factors which can affect the health of dental hygienists: social, psychological and physical factors. I have come up with a proposed outline, survey draft and timeline to follow through the next month. I am satisfied with my progress report so far, and confident that I can successfully complete this report on time as per the plan.

The process of peer-reviewing in my opinion is an excellent idea to learn from each other. This creates a platform to provide and receive constructive feedback with our fellow classmates. The peer review I did for my classmate was a topic I was very familiar with and something I could relate to. This gave me an opportunity to learn other’s writing technique as well as provide feedback where needed. Similarly, I also received a peer review feedback from another classmate for my progress report proposal. This helped me further enhance my writing and caught small mistakes which can be prevented with more proofreading.

Link to my peer reviewed Formal Report Proposal

301 Priyanka Patel Formal Report Proposal