Dear past and present Interdisciplinary Community of Practice Members,
We wanted to draw your attention to two upcoming events relating to UBC’s developing partnership with edX and the edX platform and tools that may be of interest. The first is a general information session on how edX is contributing to our strategy for flexible learning. The second is a two day intensive workshop for people with an interest in designing and developing within the edX platform. More information and registration links to both events are provided below.
Open Session: The UBC edX Project and Flexible Learning
March 16th, 9:00 to 10:30
Neville Scarfe Building Room 100
Please join us for an information session on the UBC edX project. The session will cover:
- edX itself, including both the technical platform and the community
- UBC’s goals in participating in the edX consortium and how those support UBC’s Flexible Learning Strategy
- what UBC faculty and staff are already doing with edX, including MOOCs, Professional Education and on campus credit courses
- how you can explore using edX for your courses
- process and funding opportunities for developing materials using edX
Speakers will include:
Professor Angela Redish (Vice Provost and Associate Vice President, Enrolment and Academic Facilities)
Professor Gregor Kiczales ( UBC edX Project Lead & Provost’s Fellow for Flexible Learning Strategy)
Professor Simon Bates (Academic Director, Centre for Teaching, Learning and Technology)
Melanie MacFarlane (edX)
If you would like to attend this session please RSVP here: http://events.ctlt.ubc.ca/event-registration/?ee=937.
Note this 90-minute session will be followed by a 1.5 day workshop for those who want to learn more about edX and developing content for online platforms. More details about the longer workshop are available at its registration page: http://events.ctlt.ubc.ca/event-registration/?ee=895.