Here are some tips for if you want to show support for the Fundamental Science Review by writing to your representative.
Suggestions on writing a letter to your MP, from Evidence for Democracy:
- Introduce yourself (consider describing why you chose science and your particular field)
- Thank your MP for any federal funding that you or your lab have received – let them know that research funding is appreciated!
- Introduce the Naylor Report – info can be found here
- Discuss how your research or fundamental research in general benefits ALL Canadians
- Make sure to avoid jargon and keep your letter easy to understand!
Find your MP’s name and mailing address here:
(enter your postal code into the search box)
Note: you don’t need a stamp to send mail to MPs.
Now get writing and show your support for science!