This is Assignment 3 for the Creative Commons Certificate course I’m taking:
Create a video, slide presentation, or infographic (or choose another medium) in which you describe the Creative Commons licenses as well as how and when they might be useful to your institutions’ work. At a minimum, include a description of:
- the three layers of the CC licenses,
- the four license elements and the icons that represent them (Links to an external site.)
- the six Creative Commons licenses,
- how the CC licenses affect exceptions and limitations to copyright, and
- how the CC licenses affect works in the public domain.
This one was challenging to fit on an infographic–it’s got more words than I would like to include. I wanted to come up with some unifying theme and decided on “by the numbers,” which works best for the first three sections; the last one is a little bit pushing it into the numbers theme!
I used canva.com to make it, and a template that had approximately these colours (though I had to change them a bit to make them fit web accessibility standards).