Formal Report Draft-Peer Review For: Usman Zahoor

To: Uzman Zahoor
From: Brenda Martinez
Date: December 8, 2019
Subject: Formal report draft peer-review of ‘Proposal to Digitize Best Buy Mobile Pacific Center’s Price Tag System’

Hi Uzman,

I have read your recent post, and formal report draft about the digitalization of price tags at Best Buy Mobile. This is a peer-review of my overall impression while reading your draft, and some suggestions that I hope could give you some feedback about your report.

Title Page: good components, might be a good idea to include instructor’s name?

Table of Contents: descriptive, with main headings and subheadings

Introduction: good sources of information, reliable references. I did not understand what you meant by “60F” in the ‘purpose section’. Good presentation of the topic of your report.

Proposed Solution: Your proposed solution, and presentation gives a descriptive manner in which to improve the problem noted; as well as, recommendations to management. The comparison to Superstore, and their recycling methods regarding the digital price tags was nicely presented.

Scope: The overall scope of your research was summarized adequately.

Methods: You stated the manner in which you collected the data, and I like that you are keeping in mind their concerns regarding the overhaul.

Overall Impression: Overall, I think that topic of choice for your research was clearly discussed in the report, the manner in which you have carried-out the research is following ethical principles for research and professional. The intended audience has been identified, and you have collected the data necessary to present your findings from this project. The structure of your formal report included details on how you collected the data, and it is a good baseline to complete your report.

Organization: The report is organized with all of the right components, an introduction, body, and conclusion. The statement of the problem was supported by data, this gives an overview of the amount of paper that is used on a daily basis at Best Buy stores. This is an incredible amount, and it is thoughtful and well executed to do this research with the employees’ help.

Grammar and Tone: Clear and concise manner of writing. The flow of the report is well organized.

Comments and Recommendations:

• Will you include an abstract summary at the beginning of your report?
  • Including page numbers
  • I like that you stated in your draft that the data collection is not complete
  • Excellent graphics, very good visuals, I will have to pay more attention next time I visit the stores to check out the ESL’s (Electronic Sales Labels)

Link to Draft : https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-99a-2019wa/2019/12/04/draft-of-formal-report/