Hello all!
We are an official AMS club here at UBC whose main offering is meditation sessions on campus for all interested individuals!

We have a fantastic line up of teachers for the 2015/2016 Winter Session and are very excited to announce our schedule.

All sessions are in room 2132 in The Nest at 12-1pm

Mondays will be Vipassana Meditation with Jason Leslie, who has over 10 years of meditation experience in the Theravada and Tibetan Buddhist traditions.

Tuesdays will be Middle Way Meditation with Jennifer Kitil who has over 10 years of meditation experience in the Theravada Tradition.

Wednesdays will be Zen Meditation with Gareth Sirotnik from UBC Zen Meditation. He is the UBC Zen Buddhist Chaplain and has over 20 years of meditation experience. More about UBC Zen Mediation at: https://www.facebook.com/UBCZen

Thursdays will be Vipassana Meditation with Rachel Lewis, who teaches meditation classes and retreats with the BC Insight Meditation Society (BCIMS).

Fridays will be Cyclic Meditation with Srisha Mohandoss, who is a 2nd year BCOM student here at UBC, and is also a certified Yoga instructor via SVYASA Yoga University in India. Yoga mats are recommended for these sits, though not mandatory.

**Membership for the term costs $5 for all students/staff/faculty, and $7 for all others**

15 responses to “Home

1. I’ve never meditated before but would love to learn!

2. I think I heard a while ago you guys did some sort of measuring of brain waves while meditating for people who were interested.. Are you planning on doing this again?

3. I want to try + clear my mind!

4. Robert Bremner

Hello , i am interested in occasional buddhist meditation/talks .

5. I am interested in attending sessions when possible starting in September. Do you need to register for a specific day or can you drop in when time permits on different days? my schedule is not consistent.

6. Hi Linda! Thanks for your comment. You can drop by when time permits. Our schedule will be posted in our Facebook page soon at: https://www.facebook.com/UBCMeditationCommunity

Thanks :)

7. Hi!

When will you guys post your schedule for this semester? Thanks!

8. What is your schedule for 2014-15?

9. Hi! Will the schedule stay the same for term 2?

10. Jennifer Xenakis

Good morning,
    Was hoping to attend a Wednesday session in room 211 in the sub; can you please advise
    if the sessions continue to be offered during the noon time frame with E’cho from UBC Zen Meditation?

11. Hi there,

Is this the schedule for term 1, 2015?

12. Where do we pay for this? do we just show up and give you money and you sign us up?

• Great question! Starting next week, we will be asking attendees to pay $5 when they attend a class (a one time membership fee), and we will take down the emails of those who have paid. Following this, we will email those members with instructions on how to officially register for the club online.