Home

Hello all!

We are an official AMS club here at UBC whose main offering is meditation sits on campus for all of those that are interested.
All first classes are free, and then it is only $10 for students or $12 for non-students for full access to all of our sits for the year (see our sign up page for instructions on how to officially become a member)

*** We now have two additional sits: Wednesdays at 2pm, and on Thursdays at 2pm*** — see below for details

All of our sits will take place in the AMS Nest from 12-1pm.
**Sits have started for January 2017!

All of our sits will be in room 2514, except for: Jan 11th (2528), Jan 12th (2528), Jan 13th (2314), Jan 16th (2528), Jan 18th (2528), Jan 19th (2515), Jan 20th (2314)

**Here is a floor plan for the second floor of the Nest.

Mondays will be Vipassana Meditation with Jason Leslie, who has over 10 years of meditation experience in the Theravada and Tibetan Buddhist traditions.

Tuesdays will be Middle Way Meditation with Jennifer Kitil who has over 10 years of meditation experience in the Theravada Tradition.

Wednesdays at 12pm will be Zen Meditation with Gareth Sirotnik who has many decades of meditation experience in the Zen Buddhist tradition, and who also runs the sits for Zen at UBC.

— Wednesdays at 2pm in room 2508 will be Mindfulness Meditation with Ariella Picciotto,a UBC student and executive with the club who has taken the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) course and would like to share her knowledge and experience with others.

Thursdays at 12pm  will be Vipassana Meditation with Rachel Lewis, who has many years of meditation experience and is an active teacher for the BC Insight Meditation Society.

— Thursdays at 2pm in room 2508 will be Pranic Healing Meditation with Iris Escuer-Riera. Iris is a Spanish instructor at UBC, and has multiple years experience in this technique. Pranic Healing is a system of energy healing that utilizes prana to balance, harmonize and transform the body’s energy processes. It involves is the process of influencing one’s natural life force to bring about a healthier physical body and to improve emotional and mental states.

Fridays will be Cyclic Meditation with Srisha Mohandoss, who is a 2nd year BCOM student here at UBC, and is also a certified Yoga instructor via SVYASA Yoga University in India. Yoga mats are recommended for these sits, though not mandatory.

18 responses to “Home

1. I’ve never meditated before but would love to learn!

-NK

2. I think I heard a while ago you guys did some sort of measuring of brain waves while meditating for people who were interested.. Are you planning on doing this again?

3. Robert Bremner

Hello , i am interested in occasional buddhist meditation/talks .

4. I am interested in attending sessions when possible starting in September. Do you need to register for a specific day or can you drop in when time permits on different days? my schedule is not consistent.

5. Hi Linda! Thanks for your comment. You can drop by when time permits. Our schedule will be posted in our Facebook page soon at: https://www.facebook.com/UBCMeditationCommunity

Thanks 🙂

6. Hi!

When will you guys post your schedule for this semester? Thanks!

7. What is your schedule for 2014-15?

8. Hi! Will the schedule stay the same for term 2?

9. Jennifer Xenakis

Good morning,
    Was hoping to attend a Wednesday session in room 211 in the sub; can you please advise
    if the sessions continue to be offered during the noon time frame with E’cho from UBC Zen Meditation?

10. Hi there,

Is this the schedule for term 1, 2015?

11. Where do we pay for this? do we just show up and give you money and you sign us up?

• Great question! Starting next week, we will be asking attendees to pay $5 when they attend a class (a one time membership fee), and we will take down the emails of those who have paid. Following this, we will email those members with instructions on how to officially register for the club online.

12. Hi there! I am the Program Director at Tapestry, a seniors retirement community in Wesbrook Village. I’m currently leading an 8-10 person meditation group on Tuesdays from 2:30-3:15/3:30. Our seniors are very with it, live independently, and are keen to improve their wellness. I am looking for a volunteer or volunteers to help lead this group, even if it was once or twice a month. If interested, can you email me at slawson@discovertapestry.com – It would be a really meaningful, rewarding experience.

13. Here is a link to my content, I am sure you would love it 😉

http://infoddle.com/how-to-protect-yourself-from-stress/

14. This is meditation community, and I know very well that your community is too good for meditation. I request you pleas share some meditation tips for us who cannot be come or get your meditation service.
    This is for those people who are not able to buy meditation service. And all person has not enough time to go any meditation community or meditation center. So do you have any suggestion for like those people who are in really tension and has too many dip-ration?
    I request from all guys to share about meditation and ways.

15. Hi. I can’t make any of your sessions Wed – Thursday. As for Monday, Tuesday and Friday, perhaps I’m missing something but there doesn’t appear to be any times listed? Cheers!