Home

Hello all!

We are an official AMS club here at UBC whose main offering is meditation sits on campus for all of those that are interested.

Our main goal is to help members learn and develop a formal meditation practice in order to promote well-being and overall health. For some of the many benefits of meditation check out this link https://www.artofliving.org/ca-en/benefits-meditation-you-never-knew

All first classes are free!  and then it is only $10 for students or $12 for non-students for full access to all of our sits for the year (see our sign up page for instructions on how to officially become a member)

All of our sits will take place in the AMS Nest.
*Sits start Monday September 11th!

*Here is a floor plan for the second floor of the Nest.

** Update: there has been a change from the usual rooms to room 2515 for the following dates: Wednesday 10/04, Thursday 10/05, Thursday 10/12, Monday 10/16 , Tuesday 10/17 , Wednesday 10/18  and Thursday 10/19

Meditation Timetable

Day Meditation Tradition Teacher Time Room Number
Monday Mindfulness Meditation Joane Wigisser 12:00pm-1:00pm 2314
Tuesday Vipassana Meditation Tommy Spence 12:00pm-1:00pm 2314
Wednesday Middle Way Meditation Jennifer Kitil 12:00pm-1:00pm 2506

Mindfulness Meditation

Katarina Tabiova 3:00pm-4:00pm 2506
Thursday Breathwave Ben Hebert 12:00pm-1:00pm 2314
Friday Mindfulness and Zen Duane Evans 1:00pm-2:00pm 2314

*Stay tuned for our special monthly events!

“To begin to meditate is to look into our lives with interest in kindness and discover how to be wakeful and free.”
― Jack Kornfield

22 responses to “Home

1. I’ve never meditated before but would love to learn!

-NK

2. I think I heard a while ago you guys did some sort of measuring of brain waves while meditating for people who were interested.. Are you planning on doing this again?

3. Robert Bremner

Hello , i am interested in occasional buddhist meditation/talks .

4. I am interested in attending sessions when possible starting in September. Do you need to register for a specific day or can you drop in when time permits on different days? my schedule is not consistent.

5. Hi Linda! Thanks for your comment. You can drop by when time permits. Our schedule will be posted in our Facebook page soon at: https://www.facebook.com/UBCMeditationCommunity

Thanks 🙂

6. Hi!

When will you guys post your schedule for this semester? Thanks!

7. What is your schedule for 2014-15?

8. Hi! Will the schedule stay the same for term 2?

9. Jennifer Xenakis

Good morning,
    Was hoping to attend a Wednesday session in room 211 in the sub; can you please advise
    if the sessions continue to be offered during the noon time frame with E’cho from UBC Zen Meditation?

10. Hi there,

Is this the schedule for term 1, 2015?

11. Where do we pay for this? do we just show up and give you money and you sign us up?

• Great question! Starting next week, we will be asking attendees to pay $5 when they attend a class (a one time membership fee), and we will take down the emails of those who have paid. Following this, we will email those members with instructions on how to officially register for the club online.

12. Hi there! I am the Program Director at Tapestry, a seniors retirement community in Wesbrook Village. I’m currently leading an 8-10 person meditation group on Tuesdays from 2:30-3:15/3:30. Our seniors are very with it, live independently, and are keen to improve their wellness. I am looking for a volunteer or volunteers to help lead this group, even if it was once or twice a month. If interested, can you email me at slawson@discovertapestry.com – It would be a really meaningful, rewarding experience.

13. Here is a link to my content, I am sure you would love it 😉

http://infoddle.com/how-to-protect-yourself-from-stress/

14. This is meditation community, and I know very well that your community is too good for meditation. I request you pleas share some meditation tips for us who cannot be come or get your meditation service.
    This is for those people who are not able to buy meditation service. And all person has not enough time to go any meditation community or meditation center. So do you have any suggestion for like those people who are in really tension and has too many dip-ration?
    I request from all guys to share about meditation and ways.

15. Hi. I can’t make any of your sessions Wed – Thursday. As for Monday, Tuesday and Friday, perhaps I’m missing something but there doesn’t appear to be any times listed? Cheers!

16. Hi are there still sittings taking place during the summer?

17. Hi is the above schedule the set one for the Winter Term 2017? Thanks!

18. I’m interested in taking a meditation class at UBC. . Are you offering sessions this September 2017 in the AMS community?

• Hi Cheryl, thanks for your interest! We are starting the meditation sits this upcoming week (Sept 11th), above is the updated schedule and you can try any class for free. See you there!