This instructional technique comes from CTLT’s Instructional Skills Workshop materials. How do you think this technique can and should be adapted to interdisciplinary learning contexts and content?
In a panel, several people discuss an assigned topic with the group. The information is presented by these experts with an exchange between panel members, instructor, and learners.
- select and invite experts
- meet with panel to discuss procedures
- inform class of advance reading and research required
- organize setting, introduce panel members and topic, moderate, summarize panel contributions, suggest follow-up activities
- do advance reading and research as advised
- associate new information with previous experiences
- identify and integrate new ideas
- apply new information through follow-up activities