January 3: How to join the course WordPress site

How to join the EDST 403 Wordpress site:

Because we will be using blogs.ubc.ca/edst403 as the course site, I need you to join the site via WordPress. Below are some instructions on how to do this. These steps should take you less than 10 minutes; IF, after 10 minutes, you have not managed to successfully join the site, do not spend any more time trying–we can sort through any problems on January 9th.

Steps:

Step 1. If you do not yet have a UBC Blogs account, sign up for one.
It’s easy, to do: go to blogs.ubc.ca and follow the instructions.

Step 2. Sign in to your UBC blogs account.
Once you are there, go to the top right hand side where it says “Howdy [your name]”. Click on the “Howdy” and go to “Edit Profile”–> then scroll to the “Name” section.

• Please check that the name you have in the “display name publicly as” is something I will recognize.  If you are not comfortable with your name being displayed publicly, then please email me to let me know what name you have chosen.
  • Click Update Profile at the bottom of page.

Step 3. Go to blogs.ubc.ca/edst403. On the right hand side, you’ll see text that says “Contribute to the Course” Please add yourself by typing in the following password: 4xxxxxxx03 (see announcement sent via Connect on January 3, 2017). Press the “add me” button.

If you have any trouble with the above, you have the following choices: (1) ask a classmate for help or (2) contact UBC Blogs Support at: blog.support@ubc.ca or visit: https://blogs.ubc.ca/support/ or (3) wait until January 9th when I can help you in person.

Thank-you!

Isabeau

Isabeau Iqbal, PhD
Instructor, EDST 403 (Education, Knowledge and Curriculum)
University of British Columbia
Faculty of Education
Course site: blogs.ubc.ca/edst403

web: isabeauiqbal.ca
twitter: @isabeauiqbal
phone: 604-827-0648
email: isabeau.iqbal@ubc.ca

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.