Peer Review to Tarandeep Atwal

To: Tarandeep Atwal (Member of ENGL301 Writing Team)
From: Chae Rin Yang (Peer Reviewer)
Date: September 27, 2019
Subject: Peer Review of Definition – Bruxism
Link: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-99a-2019wa/2019/09/24/assignment-13-definitions-of-bruxism/

Hi Tarandeep,

Thank you for your knowledgable definition of a field that I have no background of. Your post was very concise and easy to read, and I really appreciate that you’ve highlighted the main questions that people from outside the field would ask. There are only a few minor things that I would suggest to organise:

Purpose/Audience

Extremely easy to approach for non-professionals, clearly unravels a seemingly complicated term.

Gramar

Minor yet bizarre double-spaces which I believe are typing mistakes. For example “other than   an”, “fracturing , loosening”, et cetera. These are very minor mistakes but it would not seem as legitimate if a reader notices such.

Moreover, in terms of smoothness, “The more painful part is that […]” would be more engaging if you had phrased it as “the most”.

Overall, I very much enjoyed reading about a phenomenon that I would not have thought of otherwise, and I have only noticed minor mistakes that you may not have realised. I believe that apart from that, the organisation of the article is impeccable – alongside with image descriptions – and readers will be further captivated if you could amend the mistakes that I have outlined.

Best,
Chae