LinkedIn Peer Review for Cheryl Chao

Peer Review for: Cheryl Chao

Reviewed By: Jojo (Syau-jing) Huang

Date: Nov 1, 2019

Hi Cheryl, I have reviewed your LinkedIn profile and was impressed by the various work and volunteer experience you have! Please allow me to share some comments for your profile.

First Impression

Your profile gives me a very positive first impression of an excellent Psychology student who cares about society and keen to gain practical experience. And you have done a great job to make your profile complete and well-organized. However, I notice that, maybe because I haven’t connected with you successfully, I am not able to see your profile photo. It may be better if you can config the profile photo visible to the public so that you can give other people an even better first impression. And I also suggest that you can config a custom URL for your LinkedIn profile to remove those random characters in it so that your URL will be easier to remember.

Headline and Summary

Your headline shows your current status of a Psychology student concisely. Moreover, your summary clearly describes your sociable and motivated personality and your objective of gaining more practical experience. Both of the two pars are quite professional and approachable, which can help your possible employers know about you easily.

Work and Volunteer Experience

You have done a great job of listing all of your rich work and volunteer experience until present in chronological order. Although the number of experience items is large, you have accurately described your position and employer for each experience, which is clear and well-organized. However, I notice that you did not add any description for your work experience and your most recent volunteer experience. I would like to suggest that you can add a short description or some bullet items, such as your responsibilities or contributions, to each of the experiences so that other people know about you better from those experiences.

Education

You have clearly stated your school and your major in Psychology in the education part of the profile. And I think you can also add more information about your education in the accomplishments part of your profile, such as the important courses you have taken and the award or scholarship you have received in UBC.

Skills and Certificate

You have listed the social work skills you learned from your experience. And I suggest that you could also ask your friends or former colleague to endorse your skills, and even write some recommendations for you.

Overall Conclusion

Overall you have done a great job in making your profile. Your profile can clearly show your positive and motivated personality as well as your passion and rich experience in social work, which is quite outstanding and impressive. Meanwhile, there are a few things that can help you improve your profile, such as including a publicly visible profile photo, config a short link, adding short descriptions to your experience, adding some educational accomplishment and requesting some endorsement from others.

I hope my advice can be useful for you, please feel free to contact me if you have any questions!

Link to LinkedIn Profile: https://www.linkedin.com/in/cheryl-chao-93b942169/

LinkedIn Review Template: ENGL 301 LinkedIn Review Template (Create by Jojo Syao-Jing Huang)