Lesson 3:1 Business Letters

Letter 1: Complaint Letter to Amazon

Jenny Zhu
6016 Larch Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6M 4E4

November 15, 2019

Amazon.com, Inc.
PO Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226

Attention: Amazon Customer Service
Subject: Bluetooth Earbuds Charging Port Malfunction 

Amazon is known for its wide range of products and good customer service, and I can attest to those as a long-time customer. On August 30, 2019 I made a purchase of Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earbuds (Order Number: #628-7293749-0183655). Their positive reviews and competitive price were appealing.

The product instructions were easy to follow and I started using them immediately upon arrival. However, after just one week of use issues with the charging port arose. After attempting to fix the earbuds and the charging case, they still ceased to charge properly.

Since I can no longer use them now, I am happy to exchange them for another pair and see if those would work better. I am open to other options too.  

I understand that this is a very rare occurrence, and will continue using Amazon’s services because I appreciate the wide range of quality products offered. Thank you for your time and help with this matter. I look forward to hearing back from you soon. Please let me know if there is any other information I can provide. 

Yours truly,

Jenny Zhu Signature

Jenny

Encl. Screenshot of purchase

Letter 2: Bad News Adjustment Letter from Amazon 

Amazon.com, Inc.
PO Box 81226
Seattle, WA 98108-1226

November 17, 2019

Jenny Zhu
6016 Larch Street
Vancouver, B.C. V6M 4E4

Dear Jenny,

Thank you for your recent purchase and your continued patience with us. We would like to take this opportunity to make things right for you and apologize for the inconvenience caused by your purchase of the Bluetooth 5.0 Wireless Earbuds (Order Number: #628-7293749-0183655).

At Amazon quality and customer satisfaction are our top priorities. From time to time, due to our large catalog certain products may need further review. While you enjoyed the earbuds initially, it is unfortunate that the charging port has stopped working. In the meantime, you may try charging the product in an upright position, and make sure the earbuds are snug in the case.  

A full refund ($27.41 CAD) of the item may be provided when you mail it to back to Amazon using the free shipping label attached in this letter, or another pair of earbuds could be shipped to you at no cost. Please let us know by replying to this email with which option works best.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention. This issue has been brought up with the product supplier. If you would like to speak to a customer service representative, please call: 1-877-586-3230.

Sincerely,

Amazon Customer Service

Encl. shipping label