3.1 Business Letters

Letter #1 Complaint Letter to Wings Tap And Grill

Amy Vergouwen

1873 Country Club Drive

Kelowna, BC, V1v 2r6

November 22, 2019

Wings Tap And Grill

1-590 Highway 33 W, Willow Park Mall

Kelowna, BC, V1x 6a8

Attention: Wings Tap And Grill Management

Subject: Coupon Rejection September 25th, 2019

Wings Tap And Grill is a casual dining establishment in the Rutland area of Kelowna that is known around the city for its “Wing Wednesday” weekly discounts. I have had nothing but great experiences in the past at Wings, and enjoy my meals each time. Unfortunately, on September 25th, I had an unfortunate experience and am writing to inform you of my dissatisfaction.

I received a coupon in the mail for 20% off my meal, expiring on September 30th. I attempted to use the coupon on September 25th, which was a “Wing Wednesday” night. The waitress who served me explained how she could not give the discount specified in the coupon, as it was not valid for “Wing Wednesday” nights, but the coupon did not state this information. I asked if there was any way I could have the coupon price honoured for my meal, as the coupon did not state that the 20% off was not usable on “Wing Wednesday”, but the waitress said that she could unfortunately not do this. In turn, I was charged full price for my meal.

The waitress appeared to be under a great deal of stress, as the restaurant was very busy, and I understand that she may not have had the time to resolve this issue. I am reaching out to inquire if I am able to receive a meal compensated the next time I return to Wings, for my the inconvenience of this misunderstanding. I would love to continue to support your establishment.

Thank you in advance for your help with this matter. You can reach me at amy.vergouwen@alumni.ubc.ca, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Sincerely,

Amy Vergouwen

Letter #2 Bad News Apology Letter From Wings Tap And Grill

Wings Tap And Grill

1-590 Highway 33 W, Willow Park Mall

Kelowna, BC, V1x 6a8

November 25th, 2019

Amy Vergouwen

1873 Country Club Drive

Kelowna, BC, V1v 2r6

Dear Amy,

Thank you for contacting us and informing us about your most recent experience at our establishment. On behalf of the management and staff at Wings, we would like to apologize for your inconveniences on September 25thand attempt to resolve the situation.

We have reached out to the serving staff who worked on September 25thand, although we were not able to determine the exact waitress who served you, the employees extended their apologies. We understand that the 20% off coupon did not specify its limited use on Wing Wednesday, and how this may be confusing to customers.

We appreciate your continued support at Wings, and would like to provide you with a free meal coupon to use the next time you visit us. Please note that you are able to use the coupon on any day of the week, Wing Wednesday included, and it will not expire until December 31st. Please see the coupon attached to this email.

We have spoken with our marketing team and realize that our coupons may be unclear to customers. We would like to inform you that, for all coupons distributed starting next month, a disclaimer regarding which days are usable for the coupons will exist. Thank you for bringing this issue to our attention, and we hope to see you again at our restaurant soon.

Sincerely,

Wings Tap And Grill Management

Encl: free meal coupon