Hello from Ontario!

Hi Everyone,

I’m really excited for this course. I’m not sure if I would consider myself a pioneer or if pioneering is necessarily my calling, but I am really interested in learning how to become a successful pioneer and understanding their efforts in general. I completed the emerging market poll and I found it difficult to pick just eight learning technologies, which means we should have some really interesting presentations this term. Not one of my eight, but I am personally obsessed with QR codes and think that it would be really interesting to integrate them into education.

Currently I live in Oakville, Ontario with my husband and our two cats. We love traveling and anything related to fitness, the picture above was taken from a trip to Japan. I consider myself a lifelong learner; I completed my undergraduate degree in Linguistics at Carleton University and jumped right into the MET program. This is my fourth and final semester in the MET program as I am currently completing my 8th, 9th, and 10th courses this term; which is exciting and a little nerve-racking all at the same time as one journey is coming to an end and another one will be beginning shortly. I love working with the atypical learner, specifically students with ADHD or any type of learning disability and trying to find ways to help them succeed in their educational goals through the use of technology.

I look forward to meeting and learning from each of you this term.

Ashley

Posted in: Week 01: Introductions