Discussion 2 – corporate training perspective

I think that there is a market for the IPad in K-12 but I work in the area of corporate training programs and I think that this market is a long way off. One major strike against it is that the IPad is Mac based instead of PC based. This is a disadvantage because the majority of corporations are firmly entrenched with PCs. This means if content is created as part of the training program it won’t translate that well into PC based applications.

I think the other challenge is getting the corporations to fund the IPad. The last companies I worked with actually blocked IPads from their networks. I’m sure this will change but it will take time.

The one application that I can think of for it is some type of remote role play activities for geographically dispersed work teams – making use of the IPad II video features and applications.

Being an adult workplace trainer I don’t have much of an opportunity to use the Ipad in the classroom. However, the more I look into it the more I think there is potential for the future. Some business applications are starting to create mobile versions and making use of the additional interface intelligence of the IPad. Once this gets more advanced it is sure to open more opportunities.

I also just wanted to say that I concur with other posters here. Great Wiki Week 9 Team! I found the Wiki site really easy to follow and informative. I’m an IPad user myself so I’m looking forward to making it through all the material and posts this week.

Posted in: Uncategorized, Week 09: iPad Apps