Here goes nothing…
I haven’t blogged at all since I was 13 (and that wasn’t a real blog, actually) so I’m learning on my feet here! I’m excited to share my ramblings on various literary and philosophical topics and am hoping to put an interesting spin on things – one of the biggest things I took away from high school English is that I seem to interpret certain literary works (considered by most to be ‘classics’) differently from my friends and colleagues. My goal here is to share my opinions on various works as well as reflecting on the opinions of others.
10 things you probably don’t know about me:
1. I’m left-handed (which could have nothing to do with the way my brain functions, or it could be exceptionally relevant).
2. I am a huge fan of Shakespeare. I’ve read/performed/watched most of his works and I think that lots of things are based on aspects of Shakespeare.
3. Initially (and in high school) I found the idea of a course involving philosophy very daunting. I’m not sure how I feel about it now – I think I’ve always approached it in a closed-minded way and I’m going to try my best to relate to it (and stay interested!).
4. I like the rain (possibly because I grew up in Vancouver?).
5. My favourite food is chocolate. Dark chocolate is the best but I’ll eat any kind!
6. The book on my reading list that scares me the most is Hobbes’ Leviathan. I’m afraid I won’t be able to get through it without lots of late nights and caffeinated drinks.
7. The book I’m most excited about is either Austen’s Northanger Abbey or Wollstonecraft’s The Vindications.
8. My favourite movie is The Princess Bride – I can quote whole passages from it.
9. When I’m not reading dense literature, I like to sing, write, go to the gym and play field hockey.
10. I have always known that I want to be a writer. Getting published is my ultimate goal – I want to share my voice and my ideas!