A Must See Presentation: SHIFT HAPPENS!!
- There are 31 billion searches on Google every month. In 2006, this number was 2.7 billion. To whom were these questions addressed B.G. (Before Google)?
- It is estimated that 4 exabytes (4.0 x 10^19) of unique information will be generated this year. This is more than the previous 5000 years.
- The number of text messages sent and received every day exceeds the total population of the planet.
- There are over 200 million registered users on MySpace. If MySpace were a country, it would be the 5th largest in the world.
- It is estimated that a week’s worth of the New York Times contains more information than a person was likely to come across in a lifetime in the 18th century.
- By 2013, a supercomputer will be built that exceeds the computational capabilities of the human brain. Predictions are that by 2049, a $1000 computer will exceed the computational capabilities of the entire human species.