Black Student Orientation

Standard

As you may or may not know the UBC Black Caucus, Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program, and the Beyond Tomorrow Scholars Program have partnered to offer a pilot initiative, a Black Student Orientation (BSO) for the Fall 2021 term. I was hoping that you could share this information with your LFS colleagues to help promote to Black identifying LFS students. Deadline to register is Aug 25th.

The purpose of this orientation is to create a space for new undergraduate and graduate Black students at the Vancouver and Okanagan campuses to start to build community with each other, receive tips for transitioning to UBC, and connect with Black-identifying student groups. Current UBC Black students are welcome to join the session.

The session will be free and held virtually on Thursday, September 2nd, 2021 from 10 am – 2.30 pm. More details can be found here: Black Student Orientation | UBC Black Caucus

We sincerely appreciate your support in promoting the BSO and have attached a toolkit and promotional package that can support features in a newsletter, images for an Instagram or twitter post as well as other social media posts. You are also welcome to link to the UBC Black Caucus Instagram, @ubcblackcaucus or the link above.

Please let me know if this would be possible and many thanks in advance for spreading the word about the BSO.

BSO promo package_Aug2021

Thank you,

Natasha

Natasha Philander

(Pronouns: She/Her/Hers)
Program Manager

Beyond Tomorrow Scholars Program

The University of British Columbia | Vancouver Campus | Musqueam Traditional Territory
2205 Lower Mall Building 1 | Vancouver BC | V6T 1Z4 Canada
Phone 604 827 2388
natasha.philander@ubc.ca
https://beyondtomorrow.ubc.ca/

I acknowledge that I live and work on the unceded, ancestral and traditional territories of the Coast Salish peoples – specifically the sḵwx̱wú7mesh (Squamish), sel̓íl̓witulh (Tsleil-Waututh), and xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam) nations