Invitation to Provide Input on a Postdoctoral & Doctoral Completion Fellowship Program for Black Scholars

Standard

I hope this week has been kind to you.

My name is Dr. Ismaël Traoré. I work in the Provost’s Office as Director, Faculty Equity.

My colleague Dr. Jenny Phelps and I met with you on February 2nd at the Deans and Provost’s Office meeting. We shared a concept note of a proposed Doctoral Completion and Postdoctoral Fellowship Program for Black and Indigenous scholars. Thank you for your enthusiasm and feedback on the possibilities of this program.

We have since then talked with additional Indigenous stakeholders, and the consensus is to take a different approach for engaging with Indigenous scholars. As such, we will proceed with consulting with Black scholars while we recalibrate the Indigenous engagement approach.

We would appreciate if you could circulate the attached invitation letter to all faculty and graduate students in your departments.

Invitation – Black Postdoc & Doctoral Completion Fellowship Consultation

If you have any questions, please feel free to email Dr. Phelps and/or I.

Sincerely,

I am now using a bigger text size for inclusion and accessibility

Ismaël Traoré, PhD

Director, Faculty Equity | Office of the Provost and Vice-President Academic, and Institutional Initiative Strategist | Equity and Inclusion Office (EIO) | UBC

I acknowledge that UBC’s campuses are situated on the traditional, unceded, and ancestral territories of the Musqueam, Squamish and Tsleil-Waututh, and on the territory of the Syilx Okanagan Nation.

For information about land acknowledgement at UBC, click here