A postdoctoral position is available at the Department of Nutritional Science at the University of Toronto. Position details are below and attached. Please distribute widely. Thank you.
Postdoctoral Position in Nutritional Sciences
Professor Valerie Tarasuk, in the Department of Nutritional Sciences at the University of Toronto, is currently accepting applications for a postdoctoral position.
The postdoctoral fellow will work on a study designed to determine the population health implications of regulatory changes related to food fortification. The research entails a secondary analysis of dietary intake data from the nutrition-focused Canadian Community Health Survey (CCHS) conducted in 2015. State-of-the-art statistical techniques will be used to estimate and compare distributions of usual nutrient intakes for population subgroups of interest and account for errors in reporting. The analyses will be designed to inform public policy to improve population health and nutrition.
The position will start in September 2017 for a duration of one year, with the possibility for extension. The salary is $50,000 per annum. Only candidates with a strong background in nutrition and solid training in statistics will be considered.
· Ph.D in Epidemiology, Nutritional Sciences, or related health science
· Ph.D completed within 0-5 years
· Solid foundation of knowledge in nutrition and dietary intake
· Strong statistical skills
· Advanced knowledge of SAS statistical software
· Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
· Strong analytical, critical thinking, organizational skills
· Prior experience in dietary data analysis and population-level analyses is an asset
Completed applications must include the following:
· A one page cover letter
· The candidate’s Curriculum Vitae
· Contact details for three professional referees
To apply please email complete applications to:
Naomi Dachner, Research Coordinator
Department of Nutritional Sciences
University of Toronto