As 2019 Summer Session registration is open, please take a few minutes to register for your thesis course (research-based students) or graduate project (professional programs).
Importance of registering
Student status at UBC is created by registering in at least one 3-credit course. The benefits and access points at UBC that are triggered upon registration include:
- Obtaining a UBCcard
- Access to the U-Pass (available to link to in mid-August for use starting Sept 1)
- Assigning scholarships and awards
- Signing up for a student email address (alumni.ubc.ca)
- Access to buildings (for example, authorized access to departments)
- On-campus housing (Student Housing and Hospitality Services might seek clarification from any student who is eligible, but not registered, about their status before move in date).
- International Students must be registered, unless on an official Leave of Absence, to comply with IRCC (Study Permit/Visa) regulations. Students who are not able to register, for whatever reason, should contact an international student advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org, to ensure they are not compromising their status in Canada by not being registered.
Given registration is a pre-requisite to, essentially, be a UBC student, please register before the start of term.
Please don’t hesitate to ask me if you have any questions about registering.