ACS Project Manager JD 26Aug2021

Standard

Job posting: Project Manager

The Project Manager is responsible for managing the development and implementation of agri-environmental programs and projects at IAF. They work closely with other IAF staff and external stakeholders in the BC agriculture sector to ensure that project activities align with short and long-term objectives. This role requires a self-starter with excellent communication skills, ability to develop and execute complex projects, and (preferably) knowledge of and experience in agriculture Canada/BC.

ACS Project Manager JD 26Aug2021

At this time, it is a contract position but if we are successful in our application to AAFC to deliver the Living Lab in BC, it will a permanent role.  I would very much appreciate it if you could circulate this amongst any students you think might be a good fit and are finishing their degrees.  They can send their applications to info@iafbc.ca.

Thank you in advance for you help.

Kind regards,

Michelle Koski <mkoski@iafbc.ca>

UBC Climate-Friendly Food Label Evaluation Survey

Standard

I’m emailing in my capacity as the SEEDS Climate Action & Food Systems Coordinator.  We are distributing a survey the gather feedback on the soft launch of UBC’s first Climate-Friendly Food Label at Mercante this summer.

Can you share with LFS grad students? I’ve included an email to share below.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns. It should take about 5 minutes to complete, and respondents can enter to win one of 10 $50 UBC gift cards.

Thanks so much!

Georgia

UBC’S FIRST CLIMATE-FRIENDLY FOOD SYSTEM LABEL 

The soft launch of UBC’s first Climate-Friendly Food Label took place this summer in partnership with UBC Food Services, the SEEDS Sustainability Program, Institute for Resources, Environment and Sustainability, Department of Psychology and Faculty of Science – and we want to hear your feedback!

Please take 5 minutes to complete this survey about UBC’s first Climate-Friendly Food Label: https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_6K9Ap1mvWlvIobs

You will be asked to play a virtual food purchasing game and answer some questions. At the end of the survey, you can enter your email for a prize draw for a $50 UBC gift card. Your data will only be used for research purposes and your identity will be kept strictly confidential.

The Climate-Friendly Food Label is part of the emerging UBC Climate Action Plan 2030, which will position UBC as a model of how universities can mobilize to address the climate emergency and targets in the Paris Agreement through bold, impactful actions to accelerate and deepen reductions across operations, and expanded action on reducing indirect emissions from commuting, air travel, food, and waste.

Thanks for your time and feedback!

Georgia

Georgia Stanley  (She, Hers)
Climate Action & Food Systems Coordinator
SEEDS Sustainability Program

Community Development & Engagement | Campus + Community Planning
The University of British Columbia | Vancouver

Unceded Traditional Territory & Homelands of the xʷməθkʷəy̓əm (Musqueam)
seeds.climatefoodaction.coordinator@ubc.ca
www.sustain.ubc.ca/SEEDS | www.planning.ubc.ca

TAship available for APBI 260

Standard

Interested in facilitating a problem-based discussion and leading a field lab focused on agroecological data collection and analysis techniques at the UBC Farm?  Got Monday and Wednesday afternoons “open” from 1-4?  If so I’ve got the perfect job for you!  I’ve still got a TA position open for my APBI 260 Introduction to Agroecology.  Send me an email letting me know you are interested along with your CV as soon as possible (like now) and we can set up a time to talk.

APBI 260 Agroecology I Teaching Assistant Job Description 2021

TAships can range from 15-65 hours depending on your availability.

Sean

Sean M. Smukler  PhD (he/him)
Associate Professor, Associate Dean of Graduate & Postdoctoral Studies, Chair of Agriculture and Environment
Faculty of Land and Food Systems
123-2357 Main Mall University of British Columbia | Vancouver British Columbia | V6T 1Z4 Canada

Traditional Ancestral Unceded xʷməθkʷəy̓əm Musqueam Territory

Phone 604 822 2795 | Cell 604 728 2816
sean.smukler@ubc.ca | @smsmukler | outlook calendar
http://sal-lab.landfood.ubc.ca