Pages

Blogroll

February 2010
M T W T F S S
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728

A Private Universe Project

As I am attending an American Association of Physics Teachers Conference 2010 in Washington DC, I am reminded of many wonderful projects the physics education community has created. One of these projects is especially meaningful to me. It talks about science learning and especially about the importance of teachers’ realization that whatever we try to teach, our students’ learning depends first of all on students’ prior knowledge. When I saw this movie for the first time it made a huge impression on me. The project is called “A Private Universe” and I think every future science teacher should watch it.

Teacher's Lab
A Private Universe Project

2 Responses to A Private Universe Project

1. Terry Bridges

Marina, I agree that the Private Universe project is excellent. We have shown it here to some of the Queen’s B.Ed. students taking elementary science, and in a course I am teaching to them. Understanding our students’ prior knowledge and misconceptions is crucially important.

Terry

2. Marina Milner-Bolotin

Thank you Terry. I fixed the link. I appreciate your noticing it. If you find interesting links related to technology in math and science teaching, please let me know.

Warm regards, M.