Educause Emerging Technologies

Learning about the Educase initiative was quite intriguing. The number 7 is always considered a perfect number and tend to offer concise information. As such I felt the urge to delve into the key things I should know about organizing files in the cloud. The article was well written addressing each subject in an itemized format. This made it very easy to follow and readily understood. This was not my first time hearing about cloud computing but it was the first time seeing such detailed description. Not only did the article

What it is? Who is doing it? How does it work? Why is it significant? What are the downsides? Where is it going? and The implications for teaching and learning, were all crucial questions that we all dealt with in a detailed yet concise manner. Understanding the major downside, that of security, was an interesting point that I never paid much attention to before but was forced to consider as I read the article. I have every intention of following this initiative to see where its heading. Seeing names like Google, Apples and Amazon being mention among the more recent providers of this cloud-storage service peaks my interest even further as I realize this initiative can only get bigger and better.

Posted in: Week 02: The Edtech Marketplace