Participation Portfolio – Resource Depot

While I see some of the points made by other students regarding the Blog vs traditional LMS to facilitate this course.  I myself liked the fact that this information would be live to the Internet.  With this knowledge, I had to ensure a more respectful tone (not that we weren’t), but more so, considering at times we were actually talking about real life ventures.  Therefore, in my opinion this extra pressure forced conversations to stay focused and allow individuals to appropriately express different opinions cognitively, avoiding emotive issues.

For myself, the one thing that I would like to see is what I have dubbed the “Resource Depot”.  This “Resource Depot” would be an area for those students who allowed their ETEC 522 artifacts to be posted to allow future students to better understand the requirements of the project.  Do not get me wrong, I am not suggesting plagiarism  etc…    But I know myself, sometimes (lets be honest – most times) I need to see what something might look like, before I can start thinking what I want it to look like.  This could be done simply with an ETEC 522 YouTube Channel, and Scribd account for written work.

Thoughts?

Posted in: General