I enjoyed meeting you on Monday and hope you have had a good week.
A few things to note before next class:
- If you have not yet joined the course WordPress site, please do so by following the instructions here. If you run into any problems, we can sort it out at the end of next class.
- Please bring a laptop to our next class as I’ll be asking you to access readings and complete an in-class assignment on a Google document.
- Reminder: The “Conversation” assignment is due by Friday, January 20 at midnight.
- If you want to ‘get ahead’ with your reading/work, I welcome you to read the Smith & Siegel (2004) article listed in the syllabus (**Required: read pages 553 – 561; up to point 5 in section 2.4 Interim Summary). The Smith & Siegel article can be found in Connect and is for the January 23th class. There are no readings to do for January 16.
- Class slides from January 9 are posted in the Resources section of the website.
As always, please let me know if you have questions.
I wish you a nice weekend!
Isabeau Iqbal, PhD
Instructor, EDST 403 (Education, Knowledge and Curriculum)
University of British Columbia
Faculty of Education
Course site: blogs.ubc.ca/edst403