Peer Review of Definitions

TO: Erfan Ahmed, Team Writer

FROM: Eric Chang, Team editor

DATE: September 27th 2019

SUBJECT: Peer review of definition (Aphasia) 

Hi Erfan, I have just completed reviewing your definition of aphasia and I wanted to let you know that it was phenomenally well done. As a reader with really no prior knowledge in the field of behavioral and neurocognitive science, you were able to display the material in an organized and straightforward manner that anyone could understand. With that being said, please allow me to share a few suggestions with you: 

Purpose: The purpose of the assignment was clear, as the description and requirements of the assignment was stated clearly. 

Audience: Majority of the wording in your writing was clear and concise, and most technical terms that were used were also well explained. The only term that I didn’t really understand was a term stated in the treatment section for aphasia named Melodic Intonation Therapy. An explanation of this term would make the treatment section of the writing easier to understand.  

Organization:  The methods of expansion that I believe were used in your writing were how does it work, what does it look like, what is needed to make it work or occur, and how is it used or applied. I personally thought the order which you presented the methods of expansion was extremely effective as it paints a very clear picture of what aphasia is to people that have never heard of this term. 

Visual/font: The visual chosen was well used as it displayed the multiple symptoms of aphasia. The only suggestion I have would be to increase the size of the photo as it was a bit difficult to read. You might also want to increase the font size of the headings to better distinguish it from the description portion of the text. 

Overall the assignment is extremely well written and explains the term aphasia in a clear and concise manner. Hopefully the recommendations I suggested aid you in improving this assignment even further. Please let me know if you have any further questions about any suggestions that I made. 

Link to Erfan’s post: https://blogs.ubc.ca/engl301-99a-2019wa/2019/09/24/assignment-13-definition-of-aphasia/