Learning Coach

As I blearily re-read the instructions for this week’s assignment, I dutifully go back and look at the article names I only glanced at before when reading Section 2.1. Randomly choosing Connie Malamed’s Learning Coach, I felt like I was having a deja vu moment. Wait a sec, I thought to myself, this looks eerily like our web poll that we just did. Maybe I’m more tired than I thought.

Malamed’s trends for 2011 are well laid out in a very clear format on the website. I like the fact that ads are all on the right side of the website which doesn’t interfere with the content. Information on the top trends is written in a concise manner although I would say that this website and information would be more appropriate for a person being introduced to these trends, not people who are somewhat familiar with them. However, I did find out some interesting information. For example, I wasn’t aware that YouTube has become the second largest search engine in the world. What didn’t surprise me was to see that Social Learning, LMS, mobiles, iPads/tablets, virtual worlds, AR, blogs, ebooks and QR codes were all part of the predictions for 2011.

I found this website very easy to maneuver around and actually spent some time on the other links and sections. It’s a thoughtful laid out easy to read website with lots of information. While this particular article may have been on the somewhat less technical side, I appreciated it for the simplicity and directness of it. I will continue to check back and would probably recommend to other people, especially ones who are somewhat newer to the uses of technology.

Posted in: Week 02: The Edtech Marketplace