DAY 3- Adding to M-Learning

For DAY 3 I decided to add onto m-learning and have discussed the problem, solutions and challenges m-learning is currently facing…

Describe a problem in teaching/learning/performance….            A reoccurring problem I see in classrooms is the lack of technology being used to teach students

How do the affordances of mobiles help solve that problem?      Using m-learning would enhance students learning and give them a different perspective. It may also help motivate students to want to use their mobile devices to use the apps available to learn

What is a similar successful solution in the marketplace (m-learning or not) already?                                                     There are already several similar solutions currently on the market many of which are tablets and not mobile devices, but to name a few OnPoint Digital, goknow learning and Avantgo.

E.   What challenges will you face in implementing your solution and getting market traction?                                                   Getting my district to agree to this learning style and allowing the use of mobile phones in my classroom.

F.    What changes do you need for your mobile solution to grow in the marketplace?                                                                   I believe our education world is not yet ready to jump into mobile solution learning, especially in the classroom. I believe that we may not see a shift for years as schools are currently struggling to find the right “technology trend” to meet their needs and are constantly purchasing devices that are not being used. Therefore I believe that mobile learning is a little advanced for everyday classrooms and is a technology trend that may fit better with in individual educational settings. I also foresee tablets being implemented into classrooms before mobile phones.

Jenaca

Posted in: Week 11: Mobiles