Peggy, from Saskatchewan

Greetings everyone!  I always love this 1st week of a new course, meeting everyone for the first, or 2nd or 3rd time.  One of the greatest things of MET is getting the chance to work with people from all over the world.

I’m Peggy Lawson, and this is my 9th class. Like Doug & others I’m on the slow journey.  But my work life is full this year, moving into the coordinator of instructional technology for my large school division in SE Saskatchewan (geographically the size of Vancouver Island), in addition to my assessment (data analysis) role.  I’m looking forward to Ventures; I think it will be useful to see things from the vendors eyes, as I’m often directly involved in deciding what educational technologies we purchase for our division. As I read through the introduction, I can also see how the skills we’ll gain can have great use in selling teaching on new ideas and directions, not just on physical products.

In my spare time I … well, I don’t have much spare time these days but will some day!

Peggy  (peglaws @ hotmail.com is one way to reach me)

Posted in: General