I spent some time creating my avatar and…

I spent some time creating my avatar and was not successful in creating what I intended to create. This is who I am for now and will re-visit in the future now that I am a Second City resident. Interesting virtual site, does take some time to figure out how to navigate to different regions. After watching the videos I can certainly think of ways this type of technology could be implemented into healthcare curriculum. Students could observe case scenarios for educating patients on preventive care and wellness, building communication skills, various treatment interventions, then advance to participate in a simulated environment, eventually transferring those learned skills into real life care. Learning skills through simulation in a virtual context would provide the practitioner with confidence and knowledge prior to practicing skills in the real life setting. This technology could also be used to simulate the administration of anesthetic, periodontal debridement, oral assessment skills and techniques for oral cancer screening.

Catherine

Posted in: Week 12: