Credo

Posted by in Uncategorized

Teaching Credo (in flux)

I believe in fostering students’ change-making capacity. My objective is to support students to become critical thinkers and engaged citizens so that they feel like they belong, matter, and can make a difference in the world. My framework is anti-oppressive—one that encourages anti-racism and allows all students to feel seen, safe, and proud in their identity whether it be their race, ability, gender, or sexual orientation.

I believe in place-based, experiential education that thrives in nature and in the community. I believe in the tribology of head, heart, and hands—a pedagogy that is learned and felt through doing. I believe in student-centered learning that employs systems thinking and social innovation as instruments for creativity, and collaborative learning.

I believe in equity, flexibility, inquiry, and listening. I believe cognitive diversity is a strength. I believe in worm-bins, school gardens, outdoor classrooms, and hack-a-thons. I believe in mindfulness, yoga, laughter, and frequent body breaks. I believe in curiosity and lifelong learning. I believe in making sure that children know that they matter. I believe in glitter and magic!