INTERNAL deadline – October 1st, 2020
The UBC Killam Postdoctoral Research Fellowships are provided annually from the Izaak Walton Killam Memorial Fund for Advanced Studies and are available for most fields of research. The number of awards offered presently varies between three and five per year.
Value: an annual stipend of $50,000 for a maximum of two years plus a travel and research allowance of $4,000 over two years.
UBC Okanagan (UBC-O)
- UBC-O will require potential Killam applicants to submit a Notice of Intent (NOI) to the Office of Research Services (ORS)by September 1, 2020 at 12:00 pm (noon). Applicants are required to complete the NOI Competition Submission Form and upload a Vanier-Banting CCV. ORS will use the NOI to determine applicant eligibility and to inform Deans, Associate Deans of Research, and support personnel of eligible applicants.
- Full applications, including all attachments, are due from applicants to ORS by October 15, 2020 at 12:00 pm (noon). ORS will then convene a Standing Review Committee to review the applications received and select the finalists.
- Completed nomination forms for UBC-O finalists are due from units to ORS by November 12, 2020 at 12:00 pm (noon).
- UBC-O contact: Danielle Lamb, Major Awards Officer, Office of Research Services: firstname.lastname@example.org
UBC Vancouver (UBC-V)
- Each UBC Vancouver department or unit sets its own internal deadline for receipt of applications (typically early to mid-October).
- Each department or unit at the Vancouver campus may forward one nominee to the Faculty of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies by November 13, 2020 at 4:00 pm. Rather than using UBC Workspace, a Qualtrics survey link will be provided in the Fall (posted to the Killam Postdoc webpage) for units to upload their nomination.
- UBC-V contact: email@example.com
For details about this competition, including eligibility requirements, the application guide, and the nomination guide, please visit: https://www.postdocs.ubc.ca/award/killam-postdoctoral-research-fellowship