It’s been a great start to TWP15 from our perspective! Here’s a brief summary of this week’s activity on the blog hub and Twitter discussion:
- Opened the week with a presentation/conversation about Open Pedagogy including a matrix for brainstorming examples of course designs and where they fall on the continuum from open to closed/learner centered to teacher centered.
- Comment feeds by category: Tom posted a call out for help, TWPer’s responded and a post was submitted – for everyone’s benefit: http://bionicteaching.com/wordpress-comment-subscriptions-by-category/
- Early sharing of projects, examples of course design and decisions/considerations involved: Alan on connected courses using FeedWP and a backstage look at a FeedWP powered connected course. Mariana’s post about her experience setting up a her own domain in WP. Tom sharing his design for a faculty development course called OLE including a potential link to #TWP15! Mo’s early plans for a course he’s designing with a student
- Alan built his first WP plug-in and shared the process!
- Viv opening the door to a conversation about ethics in the open.
- Jeffrey shares a summary post of curated readings on all things open
- Many more examples of us connnecting, sharing and figuring things out together on Twitter (#TWP15)
Please feel free to add your own summary – tag a post with twpweek1 (see all posts with this tag on our Week 1 discussions page), comment on this page (if you prefer) and (if you like) engage in a personal reflection.
Let’s keep the interactions going in comments on blogs, on Twitter, and here on our site as we move into week 2 soon!