September 23rd – Tobi’s Movement Journal

Hello all 🙂

I really enjoyed last class and learning more about what it means to be physically literate. I think we have been hearing more and more about what it means to be “literate” and it can be applied in so many different subject areas.

I learned that it doesn’t only relate to the personally physically, but also mentally. I think to be physically literate you also need to know and understand how to keep your body healthy. This could include making sure you are warming up and cooling down, or knowing when to stop if your body has endured to much, or having good nutrition habits.

I think every child should be given the opportunity to learn the Fundamental Movement Skills that we learned. We have all been in that PE class where not every individual is coordinated or athletic. I think being physically literate will give students the confidence they need when growing up.

I think as educators, we need to make everyone in our PE class feel included, comfortable and welcome. If we notice that a student is having a hard time with a drill or a task, ensure that we are giving positive feedback or allow students to work in pairs or in groups. 🙂