Net/wall games reflection

I really enjoyed our group teach on Net games. First of all, “CrossWall” which is a game that combines the sports of volleyball and Lacrosse was such a creative game idea to teach. Though many of us were new to Lacrosse, we were very familiar with the sport Volleyball; therefore, I think we were all demonstrating physical literacy when we were applying our foundational knowledge and skills of volleyball to a new game in a new context.  Most importantly, we were provided with a safe environment that allowed us to explore our risks and limits. Whether planned or unplanned, I really loved the fact that the group adapted their lesson plan according to our abilities. Our team was clearly struggling with the lacrosse sticks, therefore being offered the option to play with a variety of balls instead, provided the opportunity for us to succeed which gave us confidence and forced us to become motivated to keep going and stay engaged. I think a well-structured lesson that gears around individual differences and abilities is really important to implement in the physical literacy environment that I will be providing for my students in order to prevent the feeling of failure among my students, and to provide them with competence and confidence instead.  I want to focus on fun, respect, and maximum participation, while engaging my students in physical literacy.